Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the Road Again

Or at least in the air. Finally. I started out in Huntsville and our flight left the gate on time.

 

Then backed up about 100 ft and the pilot announced we were in a ground hold for 50 minutes. I guess I should be thankful, we only ended up waiting 48 minutes. After that we made good time to Atlanta where I hung out with a nice group people from Ohio. It was about 15 family and friends ranging in age from 82 to 25 heading to Italy for 2 weeks of vacation. They said they like to do a trip like this every 2 years and the next will probably be to Russia.

I also met a group on a medical mission trip to Ukraine. They were doctors, dentists etc mostly from Mississippi on their annual trip to help others.

 

The flight to New York was nice and on approach to the airport I could see the Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty. It looks kind of small from a few thousand feet up and a couple of miles away but it was still nice to see.

While writing this I’m enjoying some chili cheese nachos and a Boston Ale or two from the Sam Adams restaurant.

Only 3 more hours until my flight leaves. But from my current vantage point I get to watch everyone come through security. That is more fun than I would have thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment