Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 1- A very long day


OK, first things first. Why does JFK not have wifi? What's up with that? They are in New York for goodness sakes, they should have wifi everywhere. Huntsville International has them beat in that regard, hands down.

Rant over.
So we left New York on time and made it to Edinburgh in good time, arriving about 7:30am Edinburgh time. All my luggage made it to Scotland too! Then I picked up the car and learned how to drive a straight shift from the right hand seat while driving down the left lane and immediately learning to navigate roundabouts by going through 4 in a row.

First stop after the airport was Stirling castle.



The castle and city of Stirling are in good hands, watched over by Robert the Bruce and a more modern, but no less lethal highlander.



After leaving the castle I decided it was not a good idea to fall asleep on the A9, so I headed on to Inverness and got my first view of the highlands.


Inverness is a beautiful old city with several bridges across the River Ness and of course it's own castle.




I have more pictures but will save them for later when I can post them all somewhere and link to them.

I hope everyone is having a good day at work. It's almost bedtime now. :)


2 comments:

  1. Great Pics! Hope that you are having the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should host the pics on Picasa. Its Googles and it works well with Blogger. Love that first shot of the highlands. I'm right there with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete