Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks parade-Memphis

Here are some pictures from the parade in Memphis. There was a great turnout for the parade on Beale and DEKS was well represented.
Thanks to David and Deb, and T-bone for letting me share their guest bed. T-bone is their dog but was kind enough to give me a small part of the bed. Also we had some very good meals while I was in town.
Friday night we went to Bonefish Grill in Collierville. Dinner started with some excellent calamari, all legs by request. The cook was glad to do that for us and it was perfect.
Next I had the Imperial Longfin which is baked and stuffed with shrimp, crab and scallops. Along with a side of their wonderful mashed potatoes, I had more than enough.

Saturday started at the Flying Saucer downtown and breakfast was a Reuben sandwich with fries and a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. That is the breakfast of champions.

After the parade a group of us went to the Majestic Grill on Main Street. Once again the food and service were top notch. The waiter answered any and all questions about the dishes and even let us know that the chef there wouldn't take the time to get just legs on their calamari. That tells me that the chef is too lazy to do it, but the waiter actually cared about pleasing the customers and not just padding the bill.
We started with the soup of the day. I don't remember the name but it was sort of a chowder. Very tasty along with the focaccia bread. The waiter even brought a bowl of extra virgin olive oil for dipping.
Next I had the mahi-mahi with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled artichoke butter. One of their specials that night was the grilled trout with rice. Several of the other guests had that and it also looked great.
We finished the meal with dessert shooters and then strolled back to The Silly Goose for a night cap, where we were delighted to find our server was an old friend from the Cordova Flying Saucer!

Sunday found Dave, Deb and I at Chateau Country Caterers in Germantown. Scott Pierce, the chef and Karen, our waitress provided a brunch that perfectly capped my weekend. White fish and oyster chowder got us started. After that I had the eggs Benedict with O'brian potatoes. The chef really impressed with the quality of the meal.

Now I can't wait for my next trip out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment